History Bowl Nationals (4/27): Standby Teams Sought, 50% off

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Great Bustard
Auron

History Bowl Nationals (4/27): Standby Teams Sought, 50% off

Post by Great Bustard »

Right now, NHBB is looking for Standby teams to attend History Bowl Nationals in DC/Arlington on Sat. April 27. If you would be interested in being a standby team for the tournament at a 50% discount off the listed entry fees, please let me know ASAP! Thus, rather than prices of $525/$350/$175 for teams of 3 or more students/2 students/1 student respectively, you could play for $262, $175, or $87. Any buzzer/reader/hosting discounts would still apply in full on top of that, with a minimum fee of us actually paying you to play this, if applicable. Note that does not apply to teams currently in the tournament (so you can't cancel and then take the standby rate).
As of now, we're looking for exactly 1 Varsity and 1 JV team after a school dropped today. It's basically first come first served, though I will consider all teams that get back to me by 7pm Eastern on Wed. 4/17, and priority is given to full teams and teams from schools that are not yet signed up for the Bowl. There's no need to have qualified officially or even have competed in NHBB Regionals, though of course, no guarantee is made for you to compete until I confirm it. Once we fill the 2 open slots, I will start a waiting list. If you are considering playing, contact me as soon as you can!
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad