ACE Practice Questions

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
AustinlSmith
Lulu

ACE Practice Questions

Post by AustinlSmith »

I decided to read some of the released ACE practice tests tonight and I was wondering what score you guys would constitute as a player being competent in each category. Granted, these scores will obviously change by test, and it is also different when you're not in a game scenario or power-marked, but I just possibly wanted to get a discussion going.

For example, I did the lit tournament prelims and finals, and got 17/25 on the prelims and 12/30 on the finals (including tiebreakers). I know these aren't the greatest scores, but I was just wondering what this says about my lit ability (its okay to be truthful :sad: ).

Also, as a sort of inexperienced player, I was also wondering just how difficult those questions were (like A-set, IS-set, or whatever).
Austin Smith
University of Kentucky
NKBoughner
Lulu

Re: ACE Practice Questions

Post by NKBoughner »

I don't really know what ACE practice questions you're talking about, that sort of makes it difficult to gauge your competency..
Nathaniel Boughner
New Kent HS 2013
AustinlSmith
Lulu

Post by AustinlSmith »

Sorry, I was referring to
http://acequizbowlcamp.com/improve/questions/
And really, I just wanted to know from those who attend ACE camp how difficult these questions are considered.
Austin Smith
University of Kentucky
Pushkin's Beard
Lulu

Post by Pushkin's Beard »

If you are just starting out then 17/25 is actually pretty good, but, if you want to become a lit player, you should be able to get nearly all of the questions if you are reading the giveaways. Even though many of the later questions won't be tossed-up in a normal high-school level game, you should know, or know of, all of them. The questions near the end are challenging and if you are not a lit player or have not played much quizbowl then your scores are fine.
Noah Cowan
Georgetown Day School '15