MITBAT Date/Interest Survey Please Respond!

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
MITBATdirector
Lulu

MITBAT Date/Interest Survey Please Respond!

Post by MITBATdirector »

Hey Everyone,
I am Lyric Doshi, former Tournament Director and A-team player from the Governor's School in Richmond, VA. Now I am at MIT and am working to have the club host their first highschool tournament, MIT Beaver Academic Tournament. Even though it is new, I assure you it will be run very smoothly because I have two years of experience being completely in charge of running the Governor's School Academic Competition (GSAC). The questions will be from NAQT, and the 15% of the field will qualify for NAQT Nationals while the top four teams will qualify for PACE Nationals.
From surveying this board, the dates of 1/15/05, 3/5/05, and 3/12/05 seemed best. However, we will essentially be able to host the tournament any weekend in 2005, so if another weekend is best for you, let me know! The most popular and convenient weekend is the one we would like to pick. I would appreciate input on interest in attending and date selection. Also, I wanted to work on getting new teams to come as well, and was wondering how everyone felt on setting a lower entry fee for schools who have never competed before. If this proposition is unpopular, I will not do it, but I thought it might be nice since they are just getting into something completely new to them. I hope to see many of you come to the wonderful city of Boston [and have a chance to check out MIT, Harvard, and other big schools at the same time!]. We will definitely help anyone who needs it with information or assistance in finding housing.
Please respond to this post or email me at [email protected]. Thank you!
-- Lyric[/i]
solidarity
Lulu

Post by solidarity »

State College is considering bringing a few teams. It is unfortunate that March 5th coincides with our Spring Break :|; however, we're willing to make sacrifices. :wink:
MITBATdirector
Lulu

Date Almost Set

Post by MITBATdirector »

Hey Everyone,
The almost official date for MITBAT I is March 5, 2005. I will post an official announcement with details and registration information soon! :)
-- Lyric Doshi
MITBAT Tournament Director