Virtual Scoresheets?

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
North_GA_ATeam
Wakka

Virtual Scoresheets?

Post by North_GA_ATeam »

North Georgia just became the proud owner of several SMART Boards in our classrooms, so I was wondering if there are any online scoresheets that might work well with this medium.

Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone used SMART Boards successfully at their tournaments?
North Georgia College & State University Academic Team
Christopher Shull, President
[email protected]
lchen
Wakka

Re: Virtual Scoresheets?

Post by lchen »

Here are some Excel scoresheets that I made several years ago: https://sites.google.com/site/hchsquizb ... coresheets
Some nicer-looking ones made by Jon Pinyan can be found here: http://justpredictions.webs.com/quizbowl/index.html

I find that they're a bit too cumbersome to use during regular practices/games, but they're nice for displaying the score for the audience during a final round, for instance.
Lily Chen
Hunter '12, MIT '16
North_GA_ATeam
Wakka

Post by North_GA_ATeam »

Thanks!

Those look great!
North Georgia College & State University Academic Team
Christopher Shull, President
[email protected]
Ben Dillon
Rikku

Post by Ben Dillon »

At one point a couple of years ago, I found time to modify Excel macros that Phil Blessman was using that would respond to double-clicking the cells. For example, the first double-click would enter a 10, the second would power with 15, the third would neg as -5. The purpose was to tailor it for a SmartBoard.

The results were mixed. It would have worked much better if there had been a Vanna working the SmartScoreBoard, but with the moderator doing so, it just slowed down the game.
Attachments
NAQT Qualifier Scoreboard.xls.zip
Not intended for actual use. No guarantee this is bug-free.
(178.94 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Ben Dillon, Saint Joseph HS

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things before breakfast!"
Kyle
Auron

Post by Kyle »

A British man by the name of Will Jones designed a scoresheet in HTML. He used it with a projector to put it on the big screen in the lecture theater in the finals of the British Student Quiz Championships, which people seemed to like. His scoresheet can generate a text file of the stats, but I don't know if he has continued to work on it -- the next step, which apparently was proving more difficult, was a way to make SQBS interpret the text file. (I know extremely little about programming and am simply passing this on) I would attach it here, but this site is telling me that it rejects attachments with the file extension .htm.
Kyle Haddad-Fonda
Harvard '09
Oxford '13