2012 NAQT HSNCT: Congratulations to Bellarmine!

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Whiter Hydra
Auron

Re: 2012 NAQT HSNCT: May 26-27, Atlanta

Post by Whiter Hydra »

It will be Bellarmine vs. DCC in the finals, with Bellarmine having a one-game advantage.
Harry White
TJHSST '09, Virginia Tech '13

Owner of Tournament Database Search and Quizbowl Schedule Generator
Will run stats for food
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: 2012 NAQT HSNCT: May 26-27, Atlanta

Post by AKKOLADE »

wardb4: No one gives a s*** about your quizzathon. #hsnct #unfollowed [via Twitter]
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: 2012 NAQT HSNCT: Congratulations to Bellarmine!

Post by AKKOLADE »

Congratulations to Bellarmine for winning this year's HSNCT!
Fred Morlan
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Bellarmine's the first team from California to win either HSNCT or NSC.
Fred Morlan
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

Congratulations to Bellarmine A, which defeated DCC A in the second game of an advantaged final to win the 2012 NAQT HSNCT! The small school champion was Beachwood. Full stats and results will be available on naqt.com in the near future.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

Fred wrote:Bellarmine's the first team from California to win either HSNCT or NSC.
Are they also the first team to do so with less than a full team?
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Jeremy Gibbs Paradox
Rikku

Post by Jeremy Gibbs Paradox »

Charbroil wrote:
Fred wrote:Bellarmine's the first team from California to win either HSNCT or NSC.
They were only less than full yesterday. They had a full team today.
TINA! BRING ME THE AXE!!!!

Sean Phillips
Boonville HS 00
WUSTL 04
SLU Law 07
Member MOQBA 2008-present
Is it wrong I like Boonville most of those 3?:)
nadph
Rikku

Post by nadph »

Jeremy Gibbs Paradox wrote:
Charbroil wrote:
They were only less than full yesterday. They had a full team today.
Also, State College won NSC last year with three players (they were missing Monica).
Nikhil Desai
Bellarmine College Prep '12
Stanford '18 (leave of absence 2016-17)
youngster68
Lulu

Post by youngster68 »

Not to clog up the forum but just wanted to say hats off to Bellarmine and DCC - that was a thrilling end to a great tournament. Running a 240-team tournament on schedule was amazing, but to cap it off with that two-game finale was just incredible. Highly recommended viewing on iHigh if you weren't there. We were lucky to get funding to go to Atlanta this year and we had a wonderful time, despite getting knocked downstairs by Ladue and pushed off the table by LASA. It's hard to complain about losing to such great teams. Thanks, congrats, and we'll see you in St Louie.
Coach Stephen C Young
Faculty Advisor for Hunter College High School Quiz Bowl
Smuttynose Island
Forums Staff: Moderator

Post by Smuttynose Island »

bt_green_warbler wrote:Full stats and results will be available on naqt.com in the near future.
How will the fact that Nikhil only played in the playoffs be handled in the final stats? It seems unsatisfactory to only have three players listed as playing for Bellarmine as is recorded now.
Daniel Hothem
TJHSST '11 | UVA '15 | Oregon '??
"You are the stuff of legends" - Chris Manners
https://sites.google.com/site/academicc ... ubuva/home
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Wouldn't they just list him as playing however many playoff games?
Fred Morlan
Down and out in Quintana Roo
Auron

Post by Down and out in Quintana Roo »

This was a great tournament and CR had a really fun time. Thanks NAQT. Congratulations to Bellarmine, DCC, and all the great teams who played so well.

I will add one thing though: the consolation rounds Sunday morning appeared to be a mess, and we stood around for a half hour trying to sign up to play them without any success. So we said forget it and just walked to the World of Coke instead and spent a good 2-3 hours there. It's not a huge deal, because we enjoyed our Sunday anyway, but i'm not quite sure why it looked so disorganized and like nothing was really happening.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Caesar Rodney High School
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
University of Delaware '01-'05
CRHS quizbowl coach '06-'12
http://crquizbowl.edublogs.org
Irreligion in Bangladesh
Auron

Post by Irreligion in Bangladesh »

Smuttynose Island wrote:
bt_green_warbler wrote:Full stats and results will be available on naqt.com in the near future.
How will the fact that Nikhil only played in the playoffs be handled in the final stats? It seems unsatisfactory to only have three players listed as playing for Bellarmine as is recorded now.
If I remember correctly, individual stats for overall (i.e. prelims+playoffs) aren't usually posted because the wildly different numbers of games played makes it less than useful.

Were individual stats kept in the playoffs?
Brad Fischer
Head Editor, IHSA State Series
IHSSBCA Chair

Winnebago HS ('06)
Northern Illinois University ('10)
Assistant Coach, IMSA (2010-12)
Coach, Keith Country Day School (2012-16)
mtimmons
Wakka

Post by mtimmons »

Ignore this stuff
Regarding whether Nikhil will be listed; a similar thing has happened a couple of times in Minnesota. The player who only plays in the playoffs will not be found on the individual stat page but will stay get a player id for that tournament on the NAQT site and can be found by typing that in. The player ids for players on the same time are usually (always?) in a row.

Example: at the 2011 GINVIT Do-Hyoung Park only played the playoff rounds for St. Paul Central. He isn't listed on the individual stat page but you can find his results during the playoffs by looking at http://naqt.com/stats/individual-perfor ... _id=128143 [the other members of St. Paul Central had ids 128141, 128142, 128144]. Presumably Nikhil will also be assigned a player id and his stats will be at http://naqt.com/stats/individual-perfor ... member_id=[Nikhil's 2012 HSNCT student id].

EDIT: Perhaps the HSNCT does things differently as from what has been posted so far this has not been the case.

Stats for Nikhil http://naqt.com/stats/individual-perfor ... _id=160297.
Max Timmons
St. Paul Central High School 2012
MIT 2016
Auron

During the first Bellarmine/DCC game, Jeff was giving 6 or 7 seconds on the bonus answers that Bellarmine was trying to milk the time on. It ended up not mattering, but that would have affected the game since it happened every bonus they received in the second half.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
Adventure Temple Trail
Auron

Post by Adventure Temple Trail »

Down and out in Quintana Roo wrote:During the first Bellarmine/DCC game, Jeff was giving 6 or 7 seconds on the bonus answers that Bellarmine was trying to milk the time on. It ended up not mattering, but that would have affected the game since it happened every bonus they received in the second half.
This happened during every game I saw Jeff moderate for, which included the LASA v. Hunter and LASA v. DCC games; the team with a lead during the second half in those games waited as long as possible to answer as well. I'm not sure if you're accusing Jeff of impartiality, but that would be stupid and cruel of you given that Jeff was taking about the same amount of time to ask for an answer in the rest of the games he read.

A second is a defined length of time, and all NAQT staffers should seek to understand how long a second is, and by extension how long he/she should wait until saying "Your answer?"
Matt Jackson
University of Chicago '24
Yale '14, Georgetown Day School '10
member emeritus, ACF
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

I'm going to ignore the seconds thing, because it strikes me as pretty much asinine, and ask something that is more important to me:

In the final four, the situation was that if DCC or LASA won, they clinched themselves second place. However, if Centennial won (against a tougher opponent), the same would not be true for them.

1) Was this fair?

2) Is there a fairer way to handle this situation?
Fred Morlan
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

Fred wrote:I'm going to ignore the seconds thing, because it strikes me as pretty much asinine, and ask something that is more important to me:

In the final four, the situation was that if DCC or LASA won, they clinched themselves second place. However, if Centennial won (against a tougher opponent), the same would not be true for them.

1) Was this fair?

2) Is there a fairer way to handle this situation?
I think the only alternative worth considering is the contingency of what should have happened if Centennial had beaten Bellarmine. Fred's description of the way NAQT set it up is accurate. The only alternative I can think of is that, in the case that Centennial had beaten Bellarmine, giving Centennial the bye into the final and having Bellarmine play DCC for 2nd place and a shot at Centennial. This change would mean that winning the top bracket would only guarantee a team 3rd place rather than 2nd place. The change would also mean that the winner of the DCC/LASA game would only be guaranteed 2nd place if the other match went as predicted, and they would have to beat the winners' bracket champ to get out of 3rd place otherwise. (You couldn't use cards for the last few matches if you did things this way, but I don't think that's something anybody should care about, since you can put it in the rules and announce it before the match, and it affects a very small number of teams.)

I suppose another option would be to have Centennial play Bellarmine immediately a 2nd time if Centennial wins the first match, with the winner of that match in a one game final against the DCC/LASA winner. This alternative does not fix the issue Fred raised.

I'm having trouble thinking that one of these three scenarios is much better than the others, but I think my first alternative is at least worthy of consideration.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
Whiter Hydra
Auron

Post by Whiter Hydra »

Fred wrote:In the final four, the situation was that if DCC or LASA won, they clinched themselves second place. However, if Centennial won (against a tougher opponent), the same would not be true for them.
Not sure if it makes a difference, but DCC and LASA would only be able to clinch second place if they won and Bellarmine won.
Harry White
TJHSST '09, Virginia Tech '13

Owner of Tournament Database Search and Quizbowl Schedule Generator
Will run stats for food
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

I guess another alternative is to somehow arrange the 3 remaining one-loss teams to eliminate each other before facing Bellarmine, perhaps by seeding them so 2 v 3 and then winner plays 1.

Anything else would involve a deeper change to the bracketing for the last few rounds to the loser's side of the bracket.
Fred Morlan
Stained Diviner
Auron

Fred wrote:I guess another alternative is to somehow arrange the 3 remaining one-loss teams to eliminate each other before facing Bellarmine, perhaps by seeding them so 2 v 3 and then winner plays 1.
This would add another round to the tournament.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Then the question is, is the cost of writing/editing that extra round worth determining second place more fairly?
Fred Morlan
ProfessorIanDuncan
Wakka

Post by ProfessorIanDuncan »

I am just a high schooler, so clearly my opinion doesn't matter. And i am totally foreign to this format. But why would the problem not just be solved by going into the Final Four with a traditional semifinal? The winner of the winners bracket already received a bye anyway right? Because i haven't been to HSNCT and am totally new to the format, it seems that HSNCT is all about winning the right games, not necessarily about winning them all. Of course thats easier said than done.
Alec Vulfson
Irvington High School '13
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

ProfessorIanDuncan wrote:I am just a high schooler, so clearly my opinion doesn't matter. And i am totally foreign to this format. But why would the problem not just be solved by going into the Final Four with a traditional semifinal? The winner of the winners bracket already received a bye anyway right? Because i haven't been to HSNCT and am totally new to the format, it seems that HSNCT is all about winning the right games, not necessarily about winning them all. Of course thats easier said than done.
Because under your proposed format, a team could win every game until the final four, lose one game, and end up 3rd or 2nd. Your proposal places greater emphasis on winning specific games.

EDIT: Clarity
Last edited by dtaylor4 on Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stained Diviner
Auron

HSNCT is about not losing two games. Your solution could have two teams finish with the same record, but one would be the champion because of when the losses occurred. The current system has the team with the best record crowned as champion. (What Donald said.)

Also, we don't judge opinions based on the person making them.

As to Fred's question, it's not my decision to make, and I don't have a strong opinion either way beyond thinking it's a fair question.
David Reinstein
mtimmons
Wakka

Post by mtimmons »

In addition to being fairly short, the current system for the final four teams also has makes any one of the three one-loss teams win three games to win the championship. The other proposals do not seem to retain this property which I think is a good reason to keep the current system. Additionally, while the team that plays the no-loss bracket winner has the disadvantage of always needing to win another game to make the final they have the advantage of always getting to play for third place if they lose. The loser of the game between two of the one-loss teams will automatically get fourth if the winner of the no-loss bracket loses. This somewhat mitigates the disadvantage of having to play the no-loss bracket winner. I also think the disadvantage that the team that plays the no-loss bracket champion is considerably less than the advantage that a team would get from a bye if there was no cross-over game and two games were played among the one-loss teams to see who plays the no-loss bracket champion in the final.
Max Timmons
St. Paul Central High School 2012
MIT 2016
ProfessorIanDuncan
Wakka

Post by ProfessorIanDuncan »

ah i understand. i just didnt think of that.
Alec Vulfson
Irvington High School '13
Joshua Rutsky
Tidus

Post by Joshua Rutsky »

I'm very interested in hearing what players/coaches thought of the overall level of competition this year. It seemed to me that the field was very, very strong as a whole--far tougher than last year. I have absolutely nothing to back that with (since I haven't seen any stats yet, I can't compare), and it is purely based on my own observations during play and in scanning the playoff results, but I wonder if others shared that point of view.
Joshua Rutsky
VP for Curriculum and Camp Operations, Qwiz
ASCA Board Member
Hoover High School Coach (Retired)
jonpin
Auron

Post by jonpin »

I think the NAQT-style Final Four (which I've also seen in some brackets for NCAA baseball and softball, and possibly Little League as well) is an appropriate balance of efficiency and fairness. The one change that I think might be worth looking at is having a reseeding at lunchtime, whether it be on the Sunday morning seeds or accumulated two-day statistics, so that the Super Seven play 2-7, 3-6, 4-5 provided that they not have repeat games from earlier in the day (with a pre-written procedure for avoiding such repeats).
Jon Pinyan
Coach, Bergen County Academies (NJ); former player for BCA (2000-03) and WUSTL (2003-07)
HSQB forum mod, PACE member
Stat director for: NSC '13-'15, '17; ACF '14, '17, '19; NHBB '13-'15; NASAT '11

"A [...] wizard who controls the weather" - Jerry Vinokurov
Important Bird Area

Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Post by ryanrosenberg »

bt_green_warbler wrote:Complete stats
There appears to be a mistake in the stats of our game against St. Joseph's A. We shouldn't have 36 PPB; this probably stems from us being listed as having no powers in the game, when I remember at least 2.
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
Important Bird Area

The Predictable Consequences wrote: There appears to be a mistake in the stats of our game against St. Joseph's A. We shouldn't have 36 PPB; this probably stems from us being listed as having no powers in the game, when I remember at least 2.
Noted. We'll pull the scoresheet and figure out what the correct version should be.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

Stained Diviner
Auron

It turns out that this spreadsheet was actually put together before the tournament, but, due to some miscommunication involving me, is only being made public now. Sorry about that.

If anybody wants to help finish it off, go for it. Instructions:
A) Do not do anything with the team columns--just enter scores. It's fine to enter a score for both teams even though only one team is listed for that match, and you should just leave the other team name blank with the assumption that it will pop up once other results are entered.
B) Make sure the score on the left matches the team on the left and vice versa. Basically, if you are looking at results for the team on the left, then enter the score as it appears. If you are looking at results for the team on the right, then enter the score in the opposite order from its appearance.
C) If you find a mistake--two teams scheduled to play each other who didn't actually play each other--find the previous erroneous result and fix it or let me know about it.

Just to be clear--this is boring work that doesn't really lead to anything significant, since NAQT has already posted full results. You almost certainly have something better to do, but help is welcome anyways.
David Reinstein
Auron

Leucippe and Clitophon wrote:It turns out that this spreadsheet was actually put together before the tournament, but, due to some miscommunication involving me, is only being made public now. Sorry about that.

If anybody wants to help finish it off, go for it. Instructions:
A) Do not do anything with the team columns--just enter scores. It's fine to enter a score for both teams even though only one team is listed for that match, and you should just leave the other team name blank with the assumption that it will pop up once other results are entered.
B) Make sure the score on the left matches the team on the left and vice versa. Basically, if you are looking at results for the team on the left, then enter the score as it appears. If you are looking at results for the team on the right, then enter the score in the opposite order from its appearance.
C) If you find a mistake--two teams scheduled to play each other who didn't actually play each other--find the previous erroneous result and fix it or let me know about it.

Just to be clear--this is boring work that doesn't really lead to anything significant, since NAQT has already posted full results. You almost certainly have something better to do, but help is welcome anyways.
How do you edit it? So far all i can do is look.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
Stained Diviner
Auron

Fixed. It should work now.
David Reinstein
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

Leucippe and Clitophon wrote:C) If you find a mistake--two teams scheduled to play each other who didn't actually play each other--find the previous erroneous result and fix it or let me know about it.

So, someone sorted by score and screwed up basically the entire spreadsheet. I got it back to where only about half(?) of the spreadsheet is screwed up, but we might not be able to recover a fully-functional version unless we revert to basically the original.

EDIT: Something was definitely screwed up before that; we've got the teams in row 142 going to 3 different places at least, so I'm not sure what's happening here.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org
UC Irvine 2008-2013; UCLA 2004-2007; Capistrano Valley High School 2000-2003

"It's a competition, but it's not a sport. On a scale, if football is a 10, then rowing would be a two. One would be Quiz Bowl." --Matt Birk on rowing, SI On Campus, 10/21/03

"If you were my teammate, I would have tossed your ass out the door so fast you'd be emitting Cerenkov radiation, but I'm not classy like Dwight." --Jerry
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

I'm utterly at a loss as to why people are manually filling in scores on a Google Doc when the stats have already been posted, but I guess I'll note as a general principle that you can roll back to any version of the file using file --> see revision history.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org
Stained Diviner
Auron

I just rolled it back to the 11:20 version, so I think it's OK now. Let me know if I'm wrong. If I'm right, it's actually in decent shape.

As a side note, don't sort the document, moron.
David Reinstein
mithokie
Rikku

Post by mithokie »

Spreadsheet is done.
Matt Beeken
Eastern Montgomery High School
Math Instructional Coach
Scholastic Bowl Coach (2022 - ??)
mbeeken AT mcps DOT org
Stained Diviner
Auron

Thanks for the help. I disabled public editing. If anybody finds a mistake or has a reason why they should be able to edit it, email me. If you want to play around with it for some reason, copy and paste into Excel. Also, feel free to ask me publicly or privately about the Saturday schedule if you have any questions. Matt Bruce designed the Sunday schedule.
David Reinstein
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

What's the deal with the audio on some of the iHigh videos? In one I tried to watch there is none for like 2 minutes at the beginning, and in another one the video seems to skip over the parts where players buzz and give an answer. Other videos are playing fine, but is this a browser issue, or just one of those "sorry, the missing recording of the opening of Ladue v. E.O. Smith has been lost for all time" things?
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Auron

Also, the somewhat casual and somewhat frequent cursing on the audio of the first game of the final (by the cameramen? audience members? who is that?) is a little disheartening. It's not really something that i think the families of the teams involved quite needed to hear.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
Kouign Amann
Forums Staff: Moderator

Post by Kouign Amann »

Down and out in Quintana Roo wrote:Also, the somewhat casual and somewhat frequent cursing on the audio of the first game of the final (by the cameramen? audience members? who is that?) is a little disheartening. It's not really something that i think the families of the teams involved quite needed to hear.

I can't really see how this is a big deal. Quizbowlers curse casually and frequently, just like all other teenagers in competitive activities. Perhaps these easily offended people should stay away from basketball and football games as well. Or, they can Deal With It.
Aidan Mehigan
St. Anselm's Abbey School '12
Columbia University '16 | University of Oxford '17 | UPenn GSE '19
the return of AHAN
Auron

Post by the return of AHAN »

Prof.Whoopie wrote:
Down and out in Quintana Roo wrote:Also, the somewhat casual and somewhat frequent cursing on the audio of the first game of the final (by the cameramen? audience members? who is that?) is a little disheartening. It's not really something that i think the families of the teams involved quite needed to hear.

I can't really see how this is a big deal. Quizbowlers curse casually and frequently, just like all other teenagers in competitive activities. Perhaps these easily offended people should stay away from basketball and football games as well. Or, they can Deal With It.
Missed the point entirely. :roll:
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auron

the return of AHAN wrote:
Prof.Whoopie wrote:

Missed the point entirely. :roll:
Yeah. Thanks Jeff. I'm glad somebody understands why i pointed that out from the recording.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01

Yeah, like, we have coaches who are hesitant to run a pyramidal event because they're concerned about the use of adult questions that mention standard fare things like descriptions of people getting with prostitutes in fiction or whatever. Stop acting like the laissez-faire DC circuit where anything goes is normal, it's not, there are parents or teachers who might want to watch that who would be bothered by the swearing.
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Realistically, I'm not sure what can be done about such an issue. Is iHigh even able to do some kind of ten second delay? Would that be worth it?
Fred Morlan

You can at least ask people to keep it clean on camera.

Auron

Seriously though, where are they coming from? It is the cameramen? Or someone right in the front row? I assume it's someone in the audience... they seem to be remarking about DCC's perceived lack of enthusiasm and energy for playing in the final, or something.

I dunno, i played the video for my kids at our last practice the other day and just was not prepared for 4 or 5 f-bombs on it.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
i never see pigeons in wheeling
Rikku

Post by i never see pigeons in wheeling »

Yeah even though I do swear during matches, I made a conscious effort not to do it on camera. I don't think Nikhil, Sameer, or John are responsible either, as they generally don't drop the f bomb when swearing.
Ankit
Cal '16
Bellarmine College Preparatory '12