"Flash Point" is looking for a few good tournament

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
pakman044
Rikku

"Flash Point" is looking for a few good tournament

Post by pakman044 »

MODERATOR: Please move this if it is in the wrong forum.

The "Flash Point", a quasi-monthly newsletter that is made for the North Carolina Academic Team Association (NCATA), needs your help with finding competitions. This year, I am going to list competitions for states bordering North Carolina in the newsletter as well, with the following provisos:
  • The competition must be in a state that borders NC (i.e., Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Virginia).
  • The tournament must be open to teams out of the state it is being held.
  • After the tournament, I would appreciate if you could tell me where results have been posted or if you could send me a copy via email.
Due to space requirements, postings are limited to the name, location, date, and contact information (email and/or website).

The following competitions that fit these rules I have listed below. 2005 competitions will be listed beginning in November:
  • Habitat for Humanity Dawg Bowl (UGA)
  • TJHSST NAQT Tournament
  • Walton Academic Challenge
  • Trevor's Trivia: Bob Selcer Memorial (UTC)
  • ABC XXVIII (Vanderbilt)
  • Cavalier Classic IX (UVA)
  • Aiken Triple Crown Academic Challenge
  • ACT I (Spotswood)
  • Brookwood Invitational Scholars Bowl
  • Southern Crescent Academic Challenge (Henry County HS)
Be aware that I am doing this on a trial basis; the rules/methodology for how I list competitions may change without notice.

If you have any competitions that fit the criteria in 2004 or any questions about this post, please email me at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Patrick King