Harvard Fall Tournament VI (11/12/11)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Remember-the-Alamo-Remember-Goliad
Wakka

Re: Harvard Fall Tournament VI (11/12/11)

Post by Remember-the-Alamo-Remember-Goliad »

Can anyone indicate where the complete stats for HFT VI are?
Or, are they not posted/postable?
Gregory Schweers
County of Dallas
City of Irving
Cistercian Preparatory School Team
The only Monk on this whole board
No Electricity Required
Wakka

Post by No Electricity Required »

Remember-the-Alamo-Remember-Goliad wrote:Can anyone indicate where the complete stats for HFT VI are?
This is all that's been posted so far.
tristan willey
formerly: macomb, uiuc
writer: naqt
he/him or they/them
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

No Electricity Required wrote:
Remember-the-Alamo-Remember-Goliad wrote:Can anyone indicate where the complete stats for HFT VI are?
In the right column looks like morning and afternoon stats, all four links. What am I not seeing?
Andrew Watkins
No Electricity Required
Wakka

Post by No Electricity Required »

Mechanical Beasts wrote:
In the right column looks like morning and afternoon stats, all four links. What am I not seeing?
His post sounded like he wanted overall stats, but maybe I misunderstood him.
tristan willey
formerly: macomb, uiuc
writer: naqt
he/him or they/them
Remember-the-Alamo-Remember-Goliad
Wakka

Post by Remember-the-Alamo-Remember-Goliad »

Thanks, Gents!
I appreciate both the information and the link -- and this works for me!
Gregory Schweers
County of Dallas
City of Irving
Cistercian Preparatory School Team
The only Monk on this whole board
jonpin
Auron

Post by jonpin »

Mechanical Beasts wrote:
Some of that seems garbled. SC-C and SC-G are listed as playing both sets of morning rounds; RWD-A and RWD-B aren't shown for either.

Actually, it looks like you just need to switch Barker Morning and Barker Afternoon, and it'll match up.
Jon Pinyan
Coach, Bergen County Academies (NJ); former player for BCA (2000-03) and WUSTL (2003-07)
HSQB forum mod, PACE member
Stat director for: NSC '13-'15, '17; ACF '14, '17, '19; NHBB '13-'15; NASAT '11

"A [...] wizard who controls the weather" - Jerry Vinokurov
Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Auron

Post by Blackboard Monitor Vimes »

By the way, since I haven't yet heard back from Dallas about contact info and results confirmation for this tournament, the top 8 teams have qualified for the NSC and are able to register beginning December 1.
Sam L,
Maggie L. Walker Governor's School 2010 / UVA 2014 / VCU School of Education 2016
PACE
Rick
Lulu

Post by Rick »

The Laughing Cavalier wrote:By the way, since I haven't yet heard back from Dallas about contact info and results confirmation for this tournament, the top 8 teams have qualified for the NSC and are able to register beginning December 1.
Does this also apply to mirrors of the tournament?
Patrick Murray
Harry S Truman HS '13
Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Auron

Rick wrote:
The Laughing Cavalier wrote:By the way, since I haven't yet heard back from Dallas about contact info and results confirmation for this tournament, the top 8 teams have qualified for the NSC and are able to register beginning December 1.
Does this also apply to mirrors of the tournament?
Sort of. Mirrors that were also platinum certified qualified the top 25% of their teams, which is not necessarily the same number of teams as this site. I asked MSU to forward my notification message since they did not provide us with contact info, but looking at my records, DCD A, Truman, Hillsdale Academy, Brighton A, Huron A, and DCD B qualified from the Michigan State site. I'll post in that thread as well in case MSU hasn't had time to forward my message.
Sam L,
Maggie L. Walker Governor's School 2010 / UVA 2014 / VCU School of Education 2016
PACE
Rick
Lulu

Post by Rick »

I believe they did contact coaches, but as there was never any indication posted to the PACE site, we weren't sure that somewhere along the line, something hadn't gone awry.
Patrick Murray
Harry S Truman HS '13
abnormal abdomen
Rikku

Post by abnormal abdomen »

Hey, I apologize if this has already been addressed, but could Dallas, Stephen, Ted, or someone else who was involved with this set post the distribution, if possible? Thanks!
Abid Haseeb
Auburn High School '12
Brown University '16
Writer, HSAPQ
Writer, NAQT
Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Auron

Rick wrote:I believe they did contact coaches, but as there was never any indication posted to the PACE site, we weren't sure that somewhere along the line, something hadn't gone awry.
I didn't get results confirmation from Nalin until last night, so I couldn't add it to the website yet. It'll probably go up when I can resume site updates this weekend, but there were a ton of tournaments on 11/12 and 11/19, so it may take longer than that. Adding the average weekend's tournaments and teams and making sure everyone's been contacted takes me about two and a half hours, so some of them haven't quite been possible yet, especially since I tried to put emailing teams before updating the site. As I indicated on the site, if you have an email, you're qualified, so no worries about that.
Sam L,
PACE
gyre and gimble
Yuna

Post by gyre and gimble »

Riot In Cell Block Nine wrote:Hey, I apologize if this has already been addressed, but could Dallas, Stephen, Ted, or someone else who was involved with this set post the distribution, if possible? Thanks!
Here it is:

4/4 Literature (American, British, European/Ancient, World)
4/4 History (American, British/European/Ancient, European, World)
4/4 Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy/Math/Earth/CS/etc.)
3/3 Fine Arts (Painting, Music, Sculpture/Opera/Architecture/etc.)
3/3 RMP (Religion, Mythology, Philosophy)
1/1 Social Science
0.5/0.5 Geography
0.5/0.5 Current Events
Stephen Liu
Torrey Pines '10
Harvard '14
Stanford '17
Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Auron

I was able to contact the teams involved tonight but, just to clarify, this tournament actually qualified its top 9 teams. Thanks, Dallas, for straightening this out.
Sam L,
PACE
gyre and gimble
Yuna

Post by gyre and gimble »

Since all mirrors have been over for a while, I just sent George the set so hopefully it will be uploaded soon. And that means people are free to discuss the set if they want to.

Some people took issue with the difficulty of this set after the first couple of mirrors, so your thoughts regarding that would be helpful for the future. My personal opinion based on stats from most of the mirrors was that the set was more or less at the difficulty we had intended and promised, which means it was a bit harder than standard regular difficulty, but asked things that we thought were appropriate to ask at a "regular difficulty" high school tournament. I think the real error that we made was that we approved mirror sites where this tournament was not appropriate, specifically the Michigan site that seemed to have been attended almost entirely by novice teams. But that's my biased opinion so I'd love to hear what people have to say.
Stephen Liu
Torrey Pines '10
Harvard '14
Stanford '17