NHBB Summer / 2011-2012 Staff Call

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Great Bustard
Auron

NHBB Summer / 2011-2012 Staff Call

Post by Great Bustard »

Seniors (and any retiring coaches!),
Wondering what to do this summer after HSNCT/NSC/NASAT? Fight qb withdrawal by getting involved with the National History Bee and Bowl. We have loads of potential opportunities to get involved both for this summer and for next year. No matter whether your interests tend more towards question writing, tournament directing, helping out with Nationals planning, or working on organizational outreach (e.g. working with historical societies, finding sponsors, finding tournament staff, etc.), there's a ton to do, and it would be great to have as much help as possible. It doesn't matter at all what part of the country (or world) you're in. Depending on experience/what you're interested in/how much you could help out, both this summer and next year, work may be more on a volunteer basis, stipend basis, or hourly basis. Anyway, I've already heard from about a dozen seniors who are interested in helping out, and would be great to hear from more of you. If you're thinking of being a history major in college or going into teaching or business, this could be a great resume builder too.
Details will get worked out on a case by case basis; there's quite a bit that will become clearer on my end over the course of May, so as with the Jersey Shore Open, you can track me down at HSNCT or NSC as well if you're interested. Working with friends from your team/your shared college/from other high schools nearby is encouraged too. For now, if you're even remotely interested, send me a PM or email director at historybowl dot com
Hope you can be a part of the sophomore year of the NHBB!
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad