PACE is currently seeking bids to host the 2013 NSC. The tournament date is under discussion. If you wish to submit a bid on behalf of your institution, please include:
1. Number of total game rooms available.
2. Ability to provide all game rooms in one building or a very closely situated group of buildings. Please indicate whether or not one building would be possible at your site.
3. Number of auditoriums available and their approximate capacity.
4. Number of house and otherwise local staffers available.
5. Proximity to local airports.
6. Proximity to local affordable hotels.
7. Public transportation options.
8. Earliest date when game rooms can be reserved.
9. Weekends around the usual high school national championship range of May and June game rooms would be available.
10. List of large tournaments hosted at this venue in the past.
11. Whether or not we would be able to reserve rooms for the Friday preceding the tournament for set-up purposes.
12. The earliest rooms will be available on Saturday and Sunday, as well as the latest in the evening we will be able to use the rooms.
13. Whether or not we will be able to lock rooms in order to safely leave buzzers set up on Friday and/or Saturday night and be able to get those rooms unlocked in a timely fashion the next morning. If someone on your team physically has or can easily get keys to the relevant buildings, let us know that as well.
14. Proximity to food--will these food options be open on weekends and during the summer?
15. Availability of reliable wireless Internet access, which will be needed for at least the control room staff.
16. Any other information that may be relevant, such as scheduled construction that could cause a lot of noise and/or travel difficulties or summer classes that we would need to avoid disturbing.
17. Contact person for this bid.
Bids should be sent to Matt Weiner, the director of the 2013 NSC, at mattweiner.vcu at gmail dot com any time between now and August 3, 2012. Thank you very much for your interest.
Maggie Lena Walker Governor's School for Government and International Studies, Class of 2010
VCU School of Education 2016
Young Reader Literature and Middle School Literature, Pop Music, & Mythology Subject Editor, NAQT