BUMPY - a visual movie tournament

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.

BUMPY - a visual movie tournament

Postby funkdaddio » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:52 pm

Hello fellow Quizbowlers

I am very pleased to make an announcement for my vanity visual movie set called BUMPY. The set will consist of 100 "Name the movie" questions, each of which have 10 image clues. There are powers marked with a blue border.
The movies spread across all genres but all of them would be classified as trash. There's a 15/85 split between pre-1990 and post 1990.

Mirrors will be available starting the weekend of October 21. Email me for more info or to set up a mirror.
Julien Bossé
OttawaU, McGill
funkdaddio
Kimahri

Re: BUMPY - a visual movie tournament

Postby Gene Harrogate » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:24 pm

I played this tournament with about fifteen other people at Toronto and I can confirm it was a lot of fun. Would recommend.
Henry Atkins
McGill '18
Gene Harrogate
Kimahri

Postby btathagat » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:27 pm

Great set, had a good time with my friends!

User was reminded to enable a signature. --Mgmt.
btathagat
Kimahri

Postby geremy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:56 am

We played this at Princeton. This set was difficult at times but very rewarding when you know the answer - really enjoyed some of the "themed" tossups too, clearly a lot of heart was put into this. Thank you for creating this set.
Jeremy "JJ" Tsai
Rutgers 2018
President
geremy
Lulu

Postby UlyssesInvictus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:16 pm

This set was fun to play, but the "vanity" part of it was in high excess. You weren't going to enjoy this at all if you just didn't share the interests of Julien--which pretty much fit into a very specific Anglo-American genre of directing--and the definite consensus of the room was that it was needlessly hard. (Multiple times, the room failed to convert giveaways on movies people had seen. That's not what a giveaway is. Not to mention moments were players buzzed on things midquestion and then acknowledged that they wouldn't have been able to buzz on the giveaway.)

I really liked some of the themed tossups though, they were clever.

Also, the stats will evidence this, but Harrison (I think that was your name?) watches a lot of movies.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
Ex-Writer for NAQT
UlyssesInvictus
Tidus

Postby funkdaddio » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback Raynor, i got similar feedback from a few people as well. I will take all of this into account when i make Bumpy ii
Julien Bossé
OttawaU, McGill
funkdaddio
Kimahri

Return to Trash