Chomping Down at Shoney's Memorial Tournament (Film)

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.

Chomping Down at Shoney's Memorial Tournament (Film)

Postby Cheynem » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:52 am

I am writing a "tournament." It is on film. There are 8 packets of all tossups. It is vanity in that some films/series will come up multiple, even many, times, and there are almost no questions on foreign or independent films. There is no distribution although it will cover most of the entire 20th and some of the 21st centuries.

None of the questions will have answerlines on films, actors, or directors (characters are okay). This will lead to presumably very awkward common links, actions, or "scene' questions (so, for example, there wouldn't be a question on The Silence of the Lambs but a common link tossup on "Hannibal Lecter eating people").

If there's a late fall or early winter open or some tournament where such an event might want to be mirrored, that would be a good place for it, otherwise I wonder if some sort of online reading might work.

I am aware that i never finished the NBA or comic book tournaments. They will be finished by the next leap year.
Mike Cheyne
The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah
Cheynem
Auron

Re: Chomping Down at Shoney's Memorial Tournament (Film)

Postby Cheynem » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Just a note: I got another job, so this will be on the backburner yet hopefully be finished by the end of the summer.
Mike Cheyne
Cheynem
Auron

Postby UlyssesInvictus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:51 pm

I forgot this existed, but now that I've been reminded, here's a side note that I'm writing a full bodied 10-11 packet film (both high and low) tournament that I'm targeting for the summer side event ringaround (CO, likely).

I didn't want to announce it formally until I had more progress on it, but it's probably better to just do it sooner as opposed to later, so expect an announcement soon. Anyways, take this how you will, whether it does or doesn't affect your motivation to write this tournament.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
Ex-Writer for NAQT
UlyssesInvictus
Tidus

Postby Cheynem » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Cool!
Mike Cheyne
Cheynem
Auron

Return to Trash