Acronym IX @ McMaster - 03/20/2016

Old college threads.
TheMourningPaper
Lulu

Acronym IX @ McMaster - 03/20/2016

Post by TheMourningPaper »

McMaster University is very delighted to announce that we are going to be hosting ACRONYM IX on March 20th, 2016, likely to be held at the McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC).

For more information about the set, please see the global announcement here.

Cost
$120 per team (Minimum Fee: $50/team)

Discounts
-$5 for working buzzers
-$10 for moderator
-$10 for 321.87 km (or 200 miles) traveled one way from your school to McMaster University
-$10 for shorthanded team per person

This is an open tournament, anyone can register and play. That said, we would encourage players to have an idea of who they will be playing with before they register, to better organize the logistics of this event. You can register by contacting us at [email protected].

Thanks, and hope to see you all here!

Current Field
Three Men and a Gayby
Harry Harlow and the Chamber of Secrets
ADR et al.
Erik et al.
+ McGill free agents
Last edited by TheMourningPaper on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Brian Luong
McMaster University 2016

Eternal office serf.
Will QA for rent.
Fado Alexandrino
Yuna

Re: Acronym IX @ McMaster - 03/20/2016

Post by Fado Alexandrino »

Some spoiler-hating Babylonian guy would like to change McGill's team name to "Harry Harlow and the Chamber of Secrets", despite how unfunny it sounds.
Joe Su, OCT
Lisgar 2012, McGill 2015, McGill 2019, Queen's 2020
adosreme
Rikku

Post by adosreme »

I'd like to register a team with Christine Irwin, Adam Swift, and Kira Vimal.
Aaron Dos Remedios
Formerly of the Waterloo School of Abstruse Canadian Inside Jokes (University of Waterloo)
Peter13
Wakka

Post by Peter13 »

Because of a room-booking issue, we are changing locations and having our tournament at Burke Science Building (BSB). Our headquarters will be BSB 106. For those who don't know, I have included a picture to help to better understand the general location (The circled building (11) is BSB. As a reference point, building 51 is MUSC). If you have any questions or comments you would like to ask, please contact us at [email protected].

(Click on the image once and then again to zoom in more).
Peter Cordeiro
McMaster University, 2019 +/-1
Interim President of the ONQBA
Newest Accomplishment: SCT @ Waterloo - Scored over 40PPG on a Full Team
Peter13
Wakka

Post by Peter13 »

Congratulation to Eeveelutions (featuring Kira, Aaron, Christine, and Adam) for winning ACRONYM and clearing the field with a 9-1 record! Despite the late start (mostly due to me sleeping in for over an hour more than I should) and the timing and staffing constraints that were imposed, I am glad that given all that, this tournament went relatively smoothly. Most of the people who deserve the credit for this are Jay Misuk who created the schedule and took control in the morning, Ben and Paul for agreeing to split from their team to keep with the schedule, Sebastian and Aidan for helping to moderate, and all the people from various teams who took part in score-keeping, especially when we were short-staffed.

Stats are available at: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... all_games/
(If you see any mistake in the stats, please notify me as soon as possible.)
Peter Cordeiro
McMaster University, 2019 +/-1
Interim President of the ONQBA
Newest Accomplishment: SCT @ Waterloo - Scored over 40PPG on a Full Team