An Alexa quizbowl skill is now available

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
btressler
Tidus

An Alexa quizbowl skill is now available

Post by btressler »

Using a nom de logiciel, Will Reede Quizbowl, I have published my first Alexa skill. The skill is free. (*) You can use this on any Alexa device, including Android phones with the Alexa app.

This skill gives you a title, and you respond with the author of the work.

The categories are American, British, European, World, and Young Adult. You have access to the data sets in use. Note the JSON includes phonetic spellings of names Alexa struggled to parse (e.g. "Anton Chekov" becomes "Anton check off"). Please send me corrections to any errors you find. You may also send me additions to the data set you would like to see. I just have to test the new authors and titles to make sure there aren't issues.

Hopefully this will be the first of many skills. I have "Quiz Bowl Capitals" and "Quiz Bowl Presidents" started. A certain Penn medical student suggested to me having the device read actual questions, which I think is doable.

(*) Full disclosure: Amazon rewards successful Alexa skill developers with things like apparel, Alexa devices, and cash. Help me get to 100 users and they will send me a Dot.
Bill Tressler,
Dickinson ('97) Carnegie Mellon ('99) Delaware ('06)
Seen moderating at various SE Pennsylvania events.
kingofcroutons
Lulu

Re: An Alexa quizbowl skill is now available

Post by kingofcroutons »

yo this is dope, downloading when I get home
Keaton Martin, Woodford County High School '21
tksaleija
Wakka

Re: An Alexa quizbowl skill is now available

Post by tksaleija »

kingofcroutons wrote:yo this is dope, downloading when I get home
Aleija Rodriguez