Announcing QuizDB Admin: "Easy Peezy"

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Announcing QuizDB Admin: "Easy Peezy"

Post by UlyssesInvictus »

I'm happy to announce QuizDB Admin, the companion portal to QuizDB!

QuizDB Admin is an admin portal for uploading, editing, or reviewing questions, tournaments, and other metainformation present in the QuizDB database. QuizDB Admin is open to everyone!

I'm advertising QuizDB Admin because I'd love to crowdsource some of the work in uploading new questions. Anyone can sign up to view questions; you can then contact me directly if you'd like to be upgraded to an admin account, which allows you to begin modifying questions.

There are three main uses to QuizDB Admin:
  • Modifying questions and other metainfo (like tournament names, difficulty, or quality).
  • Deep research for tech-comfortable users who'd like more info than is initially provided on the main QuizDB portal.
  • The public API: all QuizDB information is publicly accessible, and QuizDB Admin provides a user-intuitive way to access it. (It also exposes JSON endpoints, if you're familiar with that kind of stuff.)
In particular, QuizDB Admin exposes an error reporting system, where errors reported from the main QuizDB portal (or from QuizDB Admin itself) can be viewed, acted on, and resolved.

QuizDB Admin was built hastily and on an old web stack because I wanted it to be available quickly, so I won't maintain it as heavily as QuizDB itself, but I will respond to feature requests and bug reports since Admins are the lifeblood of QuizDB's content.

Please consider signing up as an admin today! Our pressing needs are content uploading, tournament quality description, and error resolution. Become an admin is zero responsibility: you literally only have a net gain in privileges.

I won't describe all the features in this post, but please feel free to ask questions in this thread or report issues!
Last edited by UlyssesInvictus on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Re: Announcing QuizDB Admin: "Easy Peezy"

Post by UlyssesInvictus »

Updates
  • 9/10/17: 1.0.1: Fixed various links on the dashboard. Showed more information about certain errors.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM