Announcing QuizDB: "Knowledge is Power"

The scariest thing of all is Protobowl

Re: Announcing QuizDB: "Knowledge is Power"

Postby UlyssesInvictus » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:01 pm

tksaleija wrote:
Iamteehee wrote:You could select every category except science.

Yeah, I was just wondering if there was a way to omit without doing this.

Only in the Admin portal: advanced search (i.e. including stuff with negating conditionals) is far off since I'm working on Moxon primarily.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
Ex-Writer for NAQT
UlyssesInvictus
Tidus

Postby tksaleija » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:15 pm

Any updates on the current state of Moxon?
Aleija Rodriguez
Monroe County Middle College '19
Monroe County Community College '19
tksaleija
Wakka

Postby UlyssesInvictus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:57 am

tksaleija wrote:Any updates on the current state of Moxon?

Hmm...I'll admit, it's not promising. I have designs drawn up, and some local code, but then--well, to be totally open, Ashwin made his mobile app, and people seemed pretty happy with it, so my motivation got decreased further.

I do want to promise that Moxon will be here eventually! I code for a living, so it's not like I can ever really get away from this >.> I thought I had accounted for this potential lack of motivation in my initial estimates, but, you know, Hofstadter's Law...
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
Ex-Writer for NAQT
UlyssesInvictus
Tidus

Postby ashwin99 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:47 pm

UlyssesInvictus wrote:
tksaleija wrote:Any updates on the current state of Moxon?

Hmm...I'll admit, it's not promising. I have designs drawn up, and some local code, but then--well, to be totally open, Ashwin made his mobile app, and people seemed pretty happy with it, so my motivation got decreased further.

I do want to promise that Moxon will be here eventually! I code for a living, so it's not like I can ever really get away from this >.> I thought I had accounted for this potential lack of motivation in my initial estimates, but, you know, Hofstadter's Law...

Speaking of that, as Tycho is a hybrid app made using Ionic (HTML and Angular), you can also use Tycho online: http://tycho.outplayedapps.com/ I haven't worked much on it so some things such as text-to-speech will need to be reimplemented and the design may need to be changed to make it better use the desktop's larger screen size, but it's there.
Ashwin Ramaswami
Chattahoochee High School, 2017
Stanford University, 2021

Try our free mobile app Tycho: Play Quizbowl and Science Bowl to study or read packets while on the go.

ImageImage
ashwin99
Lulu

Previous

Return to Databases and Quizbowl Software