Neg5 to SQBS Parser

The scariest thing of all is Protobowl
Illinois Admin
Lulu

Neg5 to SQBS Parser

Post by Illinois Admin » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:19 pm

Hey everyone, here is the neg5 (QBJ) to SQBS parser that I have previously mentioned in other posts. It worked perfectly on the first tournament we used it on but there are likely cases where it will fail (ties and forfeits for example). I did not create this and I definitely lack the tech knowledge needed to explain it well so I won't try to. If you have questions about it let me know and I will pass it on to the man who made it. Here are the instructions that were sent with the files to me

"The JSON file contains some tournament/SQBS metadata that needs to be filled out for the script to run properly.
To run, you must have python installed. From a terminal, enter:
"python qbj_parser.py <qbj_file> <settings_file>"

here's the link to the files

Thanks again to Bryan Lu for making this and I hope it helps people running tournaments.
Bradley McLain
Rockford Auburn High School (2012-2015)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2015-)
College Liaison - IHSSBCA (2017-)
Assistant Coach-like Person - University Laboratory High School (2017-)

sgoebel
Lulu

Re: Neg5 to SQBS Parser

Post by sgoebel » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:47 pm

It appears to have worked pretty flawlessly after I fixed a few mistakes in total TUH for a few matches. I was unsure of how to enter a forfeit into neg5, so those were entered as 10 - 0 games and were easy to change to forfeits once the SQBS file was made. Thank you so much!
Stephen Goebel
Coach, C.E. Byrd High School, Shreveport, LA

Illinois Admin
Lulu

Post by Illinois Admin » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:53 pm

sgoebel wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:47 pm
It appears to have worked pretty flawlessly after I fixed a few mistakes in total TUH for a few matches. I was unsure of how to enter a forfeit into neg5, so those were entered as 10 - 0 games and were easy to change to forfeits once the SQBS file was made. Thank you so much!
I'm glad it worked! If anyone else who uses this finds any issues with be sure to let me know so I can have the creator take a look at it
Bradley McLain
Rockford Auburn High School (2012-2015)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2015-)
College Liaison - IHSSBCA (2017-)
Assistant Coach-like Person - University Laboratory High School (2017-)

AGoodMan
Wakka

Post by AGoodMan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:31 pm

What does the comment "Pools used, but [team name] is not assigned to a pool" mean? I've checked that every team is placed in both a prelim and playoff bracket so I'm a little confused.
Jon Suh
Wheaton Warrenville South '16
Harvard '20
PACE

sgoebel
Lulu

Post by sgoebel » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:31 pm

I think you left a team (or more than one) off in the parser_settings.json file, or at least I was able to duplicate your error message by doing this.
Stephen Goebel
Coach, C.E. Byrd High School, Shreveport, LA