Give Thanks for Quiz Bowl II @ OLHS in Powell, OH 11.21.15

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
crbirdx

Give Thanks for Quiz Bowl II @ OLHS in Powell, OH 11.21.15

Post by crbirdx »

You are cordially invited to our second iteration of Give Thanks for Quiz Bowl Invitational. This invitational is targeted towards teams that are new to tossup/bonus. The initial field cap will be 24 teams, but I will try to open that up if there is interest and I can secure enough readers/score keepers. Teams are expected to bring a moderator/coach (that is why the price is cheap). This will be a tournament where coaches will read/scorekeep and let their students enjoy the competition. The set we will be using is an MSNCT-15 for the HS portion of the tournament.

We will be running a MS tournament as well. They will be using an NAQT MS-16 set.

Teams will be broken into 4 preliminary brackets of 6 teams each and will play round robin. At the conclusion of morning play, teams will be re-bracketed into 6 brackets of 4 to play another round robin with similar teams, with the top 2 teams at the conclusion of afternoon play for the tournament championship if needed. Every team will be guaranteed 8 rounds.

FEES:
First Team: $45
Each Additional Team: $35
BUZZER DISCOUNT: -$5 per buzzer system, limit one per team that you are bringing.
TRAVEL DISCOUNT: There is a $10 discount for teams traveling over 80 miles (our zip is 43065).
If your team has not played an OLHS tournament before then you automatically qualify for the minimum entry fee of $35.
MINIMUM Fee: $35

To register http://goo.gl/forms/8z5b9xKB4X

or for more information, please email cortney_bird [AT] olsd [DOT] us. Checks can be made out to OLHS and put In The Know in the memo. I hope to see you in Powell in November 2015!
Last edited by crbirdx on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crbirdx

Re: Give Thanks for Quiz Bowl II @ OLHS in Powell, OH 11.21.

Post by crbirdx »

MS (Teams/Buzzers/Readers) (9/1/2) 9 of 12
Hyatts MS (2/0/2+)
Liberty MS (1/0/?)
Miami Valley (2/1/1)
St. Mary's Catholic (Wooster, Ohio) (2/?/1)
Delaware Willis Intermediate (1/0/0)
Harvest Prep HS (1/0/0)

Interested MS
Chillicothe (1/1/1)
crbirdx

Re: Give Thanks for Quiz Bowl II @ OLHS in Powell, OH 11.21.

Post by crbirdx »

Field update