2014 Wildcat Challenge - Brownsville, KY - 9/20/14

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
sticedw
Lulu

2014 Wildcat Challenge - Brownsville, KY - 9/20/14

Post by sticedw »

I am happy to announce that the Edmonson County High School Academic Team in Brownsville, KY will be hosting the 2nd Annual Wildcat Challenge on September 20, 2014. This will be a great season warm-up and a chance to qualify for national competition. We are going to use modified NAQT guidelines (see format description in the announcement). The main difference will be the addition of bounce back bonuses and written protests/inquiries.

I have attached our tournament announcements. It contains all the information about our tournament. The tournament is a qualifier for the 2015 NAQT MIDDLE SCHOOL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT in DALLAS, TX May 8 – 10, 2015. The TOP 15% of our field will be invited to the MSNCT. Last year we were also a qualifier for QUESTION UNLIMITED’S NATIONAL ACADEMIC CHAMPIONSHIP, and I expect it will be same this year. We will have pool play in the morning; the results will be used to make a seeded bracket for the playoff rounds. The playoff rounds will be single elimination. The exact format will depend on the number of teams that register, but all teams will be guaranteed five games. We will be using the MS-11 set of questions. All participating teams will get a complete copy of the set of questions used for the tournament (10 rounds). The field will be limited to 24 teams. If you would like to bring multiple teams, please let me know and we will accommodate as many 2nd, 3rd, and 4th teams as possible. Please share this information with any other coaches that might be interested. If you are no longer the quiz bowl/quick recall coach at your school, please forward this to the appropriate person. We look forward to seeing many of you in attendance this year.

Please contact me if you need additional information
Derek Stice
[email protected]
Attachments
2014 Wildcat Challenge.pdf
(180.98 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Last edited by sticedw on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Stice
Academic Coach
Edmonson County High School
220 Wildcat Way
Brownsville, KY 42210
270-597-2151
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: 2014 Wildcat Challenge - Brownsville, KY - 9/20/14

Post by Important Bird Area »

sticedw wrote:The tournament is a qualifier for the 2015 NAQT MIDDLE SCHOOL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT in ATLANTA May 8 – 10, 2015. The TOP 15% of our field will be invited to the MSNCT.
Please note that the 2015 MSNCT will take place in Dallas (not Atlanta).
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred