NHBB 2012-2013 Regionals Sets Now Posted

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Great Bustard
Auron

NHBB 2012-2013 Regionals Sets Now Posted

Post by Great Bustard »

NHBB's 2012-2013 Regionals Sets have now been posted at http://www.hsapq.com/samples (scroll down, they're at the bottom). Note that Bowl Round 10 is missing from all 3 sets since we'll be using those for the scrimmage matches at Nationals. After Nationals, those rounds, along with the Nationals set will be posted too. Thanks to HSAPQ for getting these up quickly after our Regionals concluded for the year yesterday. You may wish to avoid reading some of these on your own, so that you can use them to practice as a team, but of course, that's up to you.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
Matt Weiner
Sin

Re: NHBB 2012-2013 Regionals Sets Now Posted

Post by Matt Weiner »

HSAPQ appreciates being involved in this vast and worthy undertaking. We have written 2286 questions for NHBB this year, containing 3678 answer lines. While we strive for perfection, I'm sure that over the course of that very large number, we made a few mistakes in the accuracy or precision of clues or in our judgment of difficulty. I'll be happy to note any concerns along those lines in this thread and respond where appropriate.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org
czheng0708
Lulu

Post by czheng0708 »

This might just be me but I think you left Bowl Round 10 on the B set in the uploaded folder.
Christopher Zheng
Great Neck South High School '15
University of California, Berkeley '19
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

czheng0708 wrote:This might just be me but I think you left Bowl Round 10 on the B set in the uploaded folder.
This has since been fixed; thanks for the heads up.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
czheng0708
Lulu

Post by czheng0708 »

2013 NHBB C Set Bee Round 4 - were these the questions used in Bee playoffs? if they were, when will it be posted? there's a file in place of the 4th Round but none of the questions are actually there
Christopher Zheng
Great Neck South High School '15
University of California, Berkeley '19
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

czheng0708 wrote:2013 NHBB C Set Bee Round 4 - were these the questions used in Bee playoffs? if they were, when will it be posted? there's a file in place of the 4th Round but none of the questions are actually there
This is now fixed.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org