September 30 South Carolina Fall Tournament (NAQT)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Ethnic history of the Vilnius region
Auron

September 30 South Carolina Fall Tournament (NAQT)

Post by Ethnic history of the Vilnius region »

The Academic Team at the University of South Carolina is pleased to announce that we will be hosting the 2017 USC Fall Tournament on September 30th. I will be the tournament director. Further details are below. I will be in contact with all teams prior to the tournament and am happy to answer any and all questions regarding this event. Please e-mail me at [email protected] to register or if you have any questions.

We will be using the NAQT IS-167A set. Please check to see if your team has any conflicts with this set.

How to Register

E-mail me at [email protected] with the following information:

1. How many teams you wish to register. As of 9/14/17, new registrants may only field one team if they don't commit a staffer.
2. How many buzzer systems you can bring.
3. How many staffers you plan to bring.

I will respond to your registrations to send you confirmation of your registration.

The tournament will be held in the Darla Moore School of Business, which is located on this map.

Teams will convene in room 134. Registration will go from 8:00 to 8:45, we will have an introductory meeting at 8:45 in room 134, and play will begin at 9 AM.

Parking-wise, there are a large number of metered parking spaces within an easy walking distance from the building. This is especially true for Main Street, Assembly Street in front of the Koger Center for the Arts and the USC School of Music, and Park Street behind the School of Public Health and School of Music. Another good place to park are the meters on Devine Street between the old School of Law and Courtyard by Marriott, which are head-in spaces. The following map shows this: The person icon is the Darla Moore School of Business (tournament site). The green line shows places where you can get parallel parking and the purple line shows head-in parking on Devine Street. https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... 99997&z=17

Food:

We will be providing milk, juice, and doughnuts for breakfast. We will not be providing lunch. There are a number of eateries near the Darla Moore School of Business and we will provide a list of places to eat to the teams.

Anyone staffing the tournament can eat pizza with the rest of the staff or receive a lunch voucher.

Team size:

There can be a maximum number of 6 players on each team’s roster, with substitutions possible at half-time and between games. If you wish to bring 7 or 8 players, we ask that you register a second team, and so on for anyone with larger numbers of players.

Awards:

We will award trophies to the top 3 overall teams.

While we will not also have a separate JV division, we will designate the team that includes no players older than 10th grade as JV and will award a trophy to the top overall JV team.

We will recognize the top individual scorers with trophies and book prizes.

Fees:

$50 per team base fee
-$10 discount per buzzer system
-$20 per staffer (Reader/Scorekeeper)
-$10 multiple team discount
Minimum fee of $20/team

Aiken (1 buzzer?)
Dorman (2 teams, 6 buzzers, 3-4 readers)
Governor's School for Science and Mathematics (2 teams, 1 buzzer)
Eastside (1 team, 1 buzzer)
Southside (3 varsity teams, 1 JV)
Riverside (1 team)
Aquinas (1 team)
Nation Ford (2 varsity teams, 1 JV team, 1 buzzer)
Oakbrook (1 team, 1 buzzer)
Spring Valley (3 varsity teams, 1 JV team)
Lowcountry Montessori School (1 team)
Porter-Gaud School (2 teams)
Christ Church (2 teams, 1 moderator)

P.S.

This is a copy of the below post:

I'd like to thank all of the teams who have registered and expressed interest in our Early Fall Tournament! Due to the high interest in this event, I am capping the field at 28 teams and limiting the maximum number of teams to 1 for new registrations. If more teams than this express interest, I'll do everything in my power to raise the cap, but our manpower for now necessitates this limit. That said, if we reach the cap but your school can commit to bringing a moderator, we can consider raising the cap and allow a team to bring multiple teams.

Also, we are pretty low on buzzer systems. We have 6 systems being brought by teams and our team has 2 systems of its own. So if any teams have an extra set, please bring them so that you get a discount and so that we won't have to play slap bowl.

We are excited about hosting this event and thrilled with the amount of interest expressed.
Last edited by Ethnic history of the Vilnius region on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:17 am, edited 17 times in total.
Eric D.
University of South Carolina Alum
Auron

Re: September 30 South Carolina Fall Tournament (NAQT)

I'd like to thank all of the teams who have registered and expressed interest in our Early Fall Tournament! Due to the high interest in this event, I am capping the field at 30 teams and limiting the maximum number of teams to 1 for new registrations. If more teams than this express interest, I'll do everything in my power to raise the cap, but our manpower for now necessitates this limit. That said, if we reach the cap but your school can commit to bringing a moderator, we can consider raising the cap and allow a team to bring multiple teams.

Also, we are pretty low on buzzer systems. We have 6 systems being brought by teams and our team has 2 systems of its own. So if any teams have an extra set, please bring them so that you get a discount and so that we won't have to play slap bowl.

We are excited about hosting this event and thrilled with the amount of interest expressed.
Eric D.
Auron

This tournament is now capped. Anyone interested in registering a team can feel free to let me know, and we'll put you on the waiting list.
Eric D.
Auron

Congratulations to Dorman A for winning the USC Fall Tournament. Riverside finished 2nd. Dorman C finished 3rd overall and won the JV championship. Thank you to all of the teams who participated, the coaches, and our incredible staff. Special thanks to my wife Bryn, who, despite a recent health scare, insisted that this tournament go on and who provided invaluable assistance before, during, and after the tournament. I know this event meant a lot to her.

I'm double checking the stats and will be posting them within a few days.
Eric D.