*CANCELED*Nation Ford Falcon Open, Fort Mill SC (WHAQ II)

Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.

*CANCELED*Nation Ford Falcon Open, Fort Mill SC (WHAQ II)

Postby thomasgnd » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:10 pm

The Nation Ford Quizbowl Team is proud to announce its inaugural tournament, the 2018 Nation Ford Falcon Open, to be held at Nation Ford High School at 1400 AO Jones Boulevard, Fort Mill, South Carolina 29715, just south of Charlotte, on 03 February 2018.

The event will use the WHAQ II set. We will use standard rules, meaning powers and negs will be tracked for teams and individuals, bonuses will not bounce, games will consist of twenty tossup-bonus sequences, and substitutions will be permitted between games and at halftime.

We will cap the field at 40 teams. Seeded round-robin groups will be contested in morning rounds, after which a rebracket will take place, followed by round-robin play for the championship, with additional games for non-championship-contending teams as well. A final or advantage final will be played if necessary. We will offer trophies to the champion and runner-up.

The cost per team will be $65. To insure maximum efficiency of operation, we ask that teams stay on campus for lunch, which will be provided by our parent association at a cost of $5 per person save one free lunch for one adult per team. Concessions will also be available for purchase throughout the day.

Registration will take place at a station to be announced near the tournament entrance from 8-8:40am, followed by a brief coaches' meeting at 8:45am. Games will begin, whether or not all teams have arrived, at 9am. The lunch break will occur as close to noon as possible, and the tournament should end by 4pm, if not earlier.

Email invitations for all schools in South Carolina and North Carolina for whom we have contact information will be sent during the fall. If your school does not get one, simply contact me at thomasgnd@gmail.com, and I will forward it to you. Alternately, you may register, express interest, or voice any questions to me via this forum thread or the forum's private-message function.

We look forward to hosting a great event and will be happy to greet you in the heart of the two Carolinas!
Geoffrey ND Thomas
Nation Ford High School
Fort Mill, SC
formerly coach of Dorman Quizbowl
thomasgnd
Lulu

Re: *CANCELED*Nation Ford Falcon Open, Fort Mill SC (WHAQ II

Postby thomasgnd » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:50 am

For the moment, this tournament is canceled. It may be restored in the near future by Blair Tate and Susan Javon, the advisors of the Nation Ford Academic Bowl Club. I am no longer associated with the club. If you remain interested, check this site for a post by those individuals.
Geoffrey ND Thomas
Nation Ford High School
Fort Mill, SC
formerly coach of Dorman Quizbowl
thomasgnd
Lulu

Return to Regular Season Tournaments