Louisville Spring Academic Tournament: March 19, 2017 @ UofL

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Louisville Spring Academic Tournament: March 19, 2017 @ UofL

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

The University of Louisville is excited to announce the Louisville Spring Academic Tournament (LSAT) on Sunday March 19, 2017. This tournament is open to all high school teams, and is targeted for quizbowl teams in Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Nick Conder and Ramapriya Rangaraju will be directing this tournament. LSAT is an affiliate tournament of the Kentucky Quizbowl Alliance's Goldenrod Cup, and the top 10 teams will receive points in that competition. We are seeking PACE certification as well.

Questions
We are mirroring this year's BHSAT set, written by the quizbowl team at Yale University. This set is designed to be high school regular difficulty, and should be comparable to most tournaments played throughout the year.

The tournament will take place in the Bingham Humanities Building on the main campus of the University of Louisville.

Schedule
Registration will take place from 8:00 AM to 8:45 AM, followed by an opening meeting at 8:45 AM. Round 1 will begin at exactly 9:00 AM. Lunch will take place at a suitable stopping point in the tournament's schedule, depending on how many teams are in the field, but hopefully close to 12:30 PM. We are aiming to provide 10 rounds for every team that attends, but the exact number and format will ultimately depend on how many teams show up. We should be done by 5:30 PM. All times are Eastern.

Fees
$70 per team
-$10 discount for each buzzer system
-$10 discount for each moderator
-$10 discount for "new to quizbowl" teams (must not have attended a pyramidal quizbowl tournament since August 1, 2014; please contact us before claiming this discount)
-$10 discount per 200 miles traveled, one way, as determined by Google Maps
Minimum Fee: $40

Payment
Please pay by cash or check on the day of the tournament. If for some reason you can't pay on the day of the tournament (or need an invoice) please contact us after you register.

Registration
There is currently a field cap of 16 teams for this tournament. To register for this tournament, please fill out this Google form. After you register, you can send any questions or concerns to either sephirothrr[at]gmail[dot]com or nicholas[dot]conder[at]louisville[dot]edu
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Re: Louisville Spring Academic Tournament: March 19, 2017 @

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

Field (13 of 16)
Eastern A
Eastern B
Danville
Dunbar A
Dunbar B
Glasgow
Henderson County A
Henderson County B
Manual A
Manual B
Trinity
Woodford County A
Woodford County B

We have limited space in the field, so register soon!
Last edited by Rococo A Go Go on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Father Comstock
Lulu

Post by Father Comstock »

Harrison A (West Lafayette, IN) will bring a team. Let me know if you didn't get my google form!!
Ben Anthony
Harrison High School '17, Purdue University '21
I made this as a freshman, I realize my name is stupid. I never even played Bioshock.
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

Father Comstock wrote:Harrison A (West Lafayette, IN) will bring a team. Let me know if you didn't get my google form!!
We got your registration! We're currently up to 7 teams in the field, which is near 50% capacity!
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

We're at 11 teams right now. One of us will be emailing registered teams on Sunday to confirm registration details. If you have not registered yet, but plan to attend, please register ASAP. I don't plan to expand the field (if we did, our absolute maximum would be 18) because we are limited on staff and resources. The University of Louisville has recently instituted a budget freeze so there's little we can do to recruit extra staff beyond just asking them to come help.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
SHM
Lulu

Post by SHM »

Dunbar would like to bring two teams. We can bring two buzzer systems.
Susan, Dunbar
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

SHM wrote:Dunbar would like to bring two teams. We can bring two buzzer systems.
I've added you to the field. It you can fill out the Google registration form I linked in the announcement, that would be great! Thanks!
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

I'm going to go ahead and lock the field now (EDIT: a team dropped due to an unfortunate circumstance but is now able to make it, so we have 14 teams).

If you are registered and haven't contacted me in response to my latest email, please get in touch. See you all on Sunday!
Nicholas C
KQBA member
sephirothrr
Quizbowl Detective Extraordinaire

Post by sephirothrr »

Ramapriya
Kentucky Quizbowl Alliance
University of Louisville
duPont Manual High School
Birdofredum Sawin wrote: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:52 pmIf you don't want to be regarded as a "raving lunatic," it might be advisable to rave less, or at least to do so in a less loony manner.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Any chance you could post combined stats?
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator