Blue Hen Invitational XVI - 3/22 (Newark, DE)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
mastaloo
Wakka

Blue Hen Invitational XVI - 3/22 (Newark, DE)

Post by mastaloo »

The University of Delaware Academic Competition Club is pleased to announce Blue Hen Invitational XVI, which will take place on Saturday, March 22. We will be using NAQT IS set 134.

Fees:
First Team: $70
Subsequent Teams: $60
Buzzer System: -$5/ each
Experienced Moderator: -$10/ each

Checks should be written out to Academic Competition Club (U of DE). Payment may be made the morning of the event, or mailed to an address which I can give the day of the tournament.

Location and Timing: We will hold the tournament on our campus in Newark, DE. Registration will take place in Kirkbride 100 (the circular building next to Trabant), and games will take place in Purnell Hall (an adjacent building). I attached a campus map below for convenience:

http://maps.rdms.udel.edu/map/index.php

Registration will begin at 8:00 in Kirkbride 100. The opening meeting will then begin at 8:45, and round 1 should begin at 9:00. We hope to finish the tournament by 5:00 at the latest.

For those who are driving, your best parking option is probably the Trabant University Center garage, which can also be found on the map. From there, it's only a short walk to Kirkbride. Parking should only cost $10 for the day.

For lunch, teams may go to the food court at the nearby Trabant Student Center, or other Newark establishments along Main Street (highly recommended).

To register, send an email to [email protected] listing the school name and the number of teams, buzzers, staffers you will be bringing, and an emergency contact number. Hope to see you there!

Field (max 24 teams): (# of teams/buzzers/staffers)
Newark Charter: 4/0/0
Manheim Township: 4/0/0
Pennsville Memorial: 2/0/0
Caravel: 1/0/0
C. Milton Wright: 1/1/1
Caesar Rodney: 1/?/2
Last edited by mastaloo on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Alex Gross
Delaware '14

"I have something to say about the difference between American and European cities. But I've forgotten what it is. I have it written down at home somewhere." - David Byrne
mastaloo
Wakka

Re: Blue Hen Invitational XVI - 3/22 (Newark, DE)

Post by mastaloo »

We will now be hosting the tournament at our Newark, DE campus. We are also quickly approaching our first field limit, so get those registrations in!
Alex Gross
Delaware '14

"I have something to say about the difference between American and European cities. But I've forgotten what it is. I have it written down at home somewhere." - David Byrne
Lo, Marathon Ham!
Wakka

Post by Lo, Marathon Ham! »

How did this go?
Mohan Malhotra
The Independence School '12
Charter School of Wilmington '16
New York University '20
Wilmington, DE/New York City, NY
mastaloo
Wakka

Post by mastaloo »

Manheim Township won both finals spots with their A and B teams making it. We didn't actually end up playing the final though. I'll have stats posted soon.
Alex Gross
Delaware '14

mastaloo
Wakka

Post by mastaloo »

Stats can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... standings/

Thanks to all teams for coming!
Alex Gross
Delaware '14